Inclement Weather Information
Weather or emergency related changes to operations (virtual work and instruction days) will be communicated through the University’s website, Twitter, Facebook, the SJU Safe app and through the emergency notification system (text and email).
During a virtual work and instruction day, buildings will be closed but will be accessible by ID card if you have privileges to the building. Unless otherwise specified, the following facilities will remain open during a weather event while classes are in session:
- Campion Dining Hall and Food Court
- Residence Halls
- Recreation Centers
- The Perch
- POD Market
Post Learning Commons and Francis A. Drexel Library
During virtual work and instruction days, please check the library website for updated hours.
Updates regarding athletic events can be found on the SJU Hawks Website. Athletics operations will be communicated to student-athletes and coaches as required.
University provided shuttle services will continue until it is determined that it is no longer safe to proceed. For more information about shuttle service during inclement weather contact Public Safety at 610-660-1111. Announcements of changes to the shuttle service are available through the Ride Systems App and SJU Mobile.
General Safety Tips
- Travel in groups and in well-lit areas when walking off campus
- Do not display items of value unnecessarily in public spaces, for example, mobile phones
- Do not leave items of value unattended in public spaces
- Use University Shuttle Buses and Escort Services
- Lock doors and secure windows when leaving your room or off campus residence
- Do not prop open doors
- Report suspicious activities and unsafe conditions to Public Safety (610-660-1111)
- Do not leave valuables in plain view within your vehicle
Emergency Preparedness Resources
Emergency preparedness resources, including active shooter guidelines, are available on The Nest under School Services. More resources are available through SJU Safe, the University’s custom safety app.