Enhance and Promote Programs of National Prominence
Saint Joseph’s will leverage our recognition as a higher education leader in the Northeast and Philadelphia markets, our standing as one of only 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the country and our niche academic and co-curricular programs, to achieve greater national prominence. SJU aims to reinforce and more aggressively promote our distinguishing assets, raising the bar, lifting the institution’s profile and setting new standards for peer institutions.
Strengthen existing academic and co-curricular programs that are presently distinctive and allocate resources accordingly.
The University’s Maguire Academy of Insurance and Risk Management, Kinney Center for Autism Education and Support, Institute for Clinical Bioethics and Institute for Jewish-Catholic Relations are niche programs for SJU, garnering varying levels of regional and national exposure, but each with potential to launch wider recognition for SJU.
Leverage intercollegiate athletics to the maximum, positive benefit for the University.
SJU’s Division I status and the quality and success of a number of our athletic offerings — chief among them is the men’s basketball program — are a significant lens into the institution at large, providing invaluable opportunities for recruitment, media exposure and recognition.
Define two or three new initiatives that capitalize on institutional strengths, contribute favorably to our reputation and enhance the academic experience.
We want to allow for the emergence of new ideas in areas we may not be aware of at the moment. Accordingly, we will identify two or three new initiatives that will leverage our academic strengths and garner recognition.
Promote these programs of distinction with a comprehensive marketing and communications strategy designed to strengthen our reputation.
To enhance our reputation in these areas, we will evaluate, restructure and launch an integrated and strategic marketing and communications organization, approach and plan designed to better tell the SJU story — in terms of reach, impact and consistency — in order to elevate our institutional reputation and profile.
- Host seminars and summits for national and international thought leaders.
- Pursue prestigious research grants that will draw significant funding and national recognition.
- Develop proactive media engagement strategies for special interest and breaking news opportunities.
- Utilize SJU’s website to dynamically showcase the University’s assets and priorities.
- Strategically position the president as a thought leader in higher education and leverage the success and expertise of the Board of Trustees and prominent alumni.
- Engage prominent alumni in promoting the SJU.