- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you use our sites
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information
Online Profile Updates
If you complete the Profile update form and share your personally identifying information, this information will be used only to provide you with more targeted content. We may use your contact information to send further information about our organization or to contact you when necessary.
Sending us an Email
You also may decide to send us personally identifying information, for example, in an electronic mail message containing a question or comment, or by filling out a Web form that provides us this information. We use personally identifying information from email primarily to respond to your requests. We may forward your email to other employees who are better able to answer your questions. We may also use your email to contact you in the future about our programs that may be of interest. If you sign up for one of our email lists, we will only send you the kinds of information you have requested.
We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). We may collect information about the computer, mobile device or other device you use to access our sites, such as IP address, geolocation information, browser type, date and time of your request, browser language or other information of this nature. We use this information in an aggregate fashion to track access to our sites. Web server logs are retained on a temporary basis and then deleted from our systems.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our organization;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address as part of the Online Profile, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce our rights;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SJU, our students, staff, faculty, administrators, our community or others; and/or
- To detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
You may disable cookies through your individual browser options, although this may reduce some site functionality. If you would like to learn more about cookies please refer to the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.ors/
Links to Third-Party Websites
We may provide hyperlinks to third-party websites as a convenience to users of our sites. SJU does not control third-party websites and is not responsible for the content of any linked-to third-party websites or any hyperlink in a linked-to website. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third-party websites.
Web Beacons and Other Technologies
We may use standard internet technology, such as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) and other similar technologies, to track your use of our sites. The sites and related communications may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit SJU, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity). We also may include web beacons in our e-mail messages or other communications to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. The information we may obtain in this manner would enable us to customize our sites and to measure the overall effectiveness of our sites, content, programming, or other activities.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information we gather about you, we have taken commercially reasonable steps to protect the information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Children and Privacy
SJU does not operate sites or online services directed to children. We do not solicit or knowingly collect any information from visitors under 13 years of age. Please do not use our sites if you are not yet 13.
Questions about our policies
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this site, you can contact us at email@example.com.