Jason Wallach, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Wallach teaches courses in Laboratory Biomethods, Pharmacology and Toxicology Laboratory Techniques, Psychopharmacology, Pathology, Simulated Physiology Labs and Toxicology. Wallach also has an appointment to the Substance Use Disorders Institute where he is interested in medical cannabis and curriculum development for substance use disorder education. Wallach’s research focuses on the analytical and pharmacological characterizations of psychoactive drugs focusing on synthetic psychoactive drugs (SPDs) and “legal highs”. Wallach also conducts research in drug development for several therapeutic areas including neuropathic pain, neurodegenerative disease, depression, and cancer. This work includes investigations of structure activity relationships, drug tolerability, target selectivity and multi-target drug design, and biased ligand development.
Ph.D., Pharmacology and Toxicology, University of the Sciences
B.S., Cell and Molecular Biology, Indiana University of Pennsylvania
- Colestock, T. Wallach, J. Mansi, M. Filemban, N. Morris, H. Elliott, SP. Westphal, F. Brandt, SD. Adejare, A. Syntheses, analytical and pharmacological characterizations of the 'legal high' 4-[1-(3-methoxyphenyl)cyclohexyl]morpholine (3-MeO-PCMo) and analogues. Drug Test Anal. 2017;[epub ahead of print].
- Wang, Y. Wallach, J. Duane, S. Wang, Y. Wu, J. Wang, J. Adejare, A. Ma, H. Developing selective histone deacetylases (HDACs) inhibitors through ebselen and analogs. Drug Des Dev Ther. 2017;11:1369-82.
- Brandt, SD, Kavanagh, PV. Twamley, B. Westphal, F. Elliott, SP. Wallach, J. Stratford, A. Klein, LM. McCorvy, JD. Nichols, DE. Halberstadt, AL. Return of the lysergamides. Part IV: Analytical and pharmacological characterization of lysergic acid morpholide (LSM-775). Drug Test Anal. 2017;[epub ahead of print]. doi: 10.1002/dta.2222.
- Brandt, SD. Kavanagh, PV. Westphal, F. Elliott, SP. Wallach, J. Stratford, A. Nichols, DE. Halberstadt, AL. Return of the lysergamides. Part III: Analytical characterization of N6 -ethyl-6-norlysergic acid diethylamide (ETH-LAD) and 1-propionyl ETH-LAD (1P-ETH-LAD). Drug Test Anal. 2017;[epub ahead of print]. doi: 10.1002/dta.2196.
- Wallach, J. Kang, H. Colestock, T. Morris, H. Bortolotto, ZA. Collingridge, GL. Lodge, D. Halberstadt, AL. Brandt, SD. Adejare, A. "Pharmacological Investigations of the Dissociative ‘Legal Highs’ Diphenidine, Methoxphenidine and Analogues." PloS One 11, no. 6 (2016): e0157021.
- Wallach, J. Colestock, T. Cicali, B. Elliott, SP. Kavanagh, PV. Adejare, A. Dempster, NM. Brandt, SD. Syntheses and analytical characterizations of N‐alkyl‐arylcyclohexylamines. Drug Test Anal. 2015;8:801-15.
- Elliott, SP. Brandt, SD. Wallach, J. Morris, H. Kavanagh PV. First Reported Fatalities Associated with the ‘Research Chemical’ 2-Methoxydiphenidine. J Anal Toxicol. 2015;39:287-293.
- Wallach, J. Kavanagh, PV. McLaughlin, G. Morris, N. Power, JD. Elliott, SP. Mercier, MS. Lodge, D. Morris, M. Dempster, NM. Brandt, SD. Preparation and characterization of the ‘research chemical’ diphenidine, its pyrrolidine analogue, and their 2, 2-diphenylethyl isomers. Drug Test Anal. 2014;7:358-67.
- Wallach J. Colestock T. Adejare A. Receptor Targets in Alzheimer’s disease Drug Discovery. In: Drug Discovery Approaches for the Treatment of Neurodegenerative Disorders (Editor: Adejare, A.). Academic Press. London. 2016. pp 83-160.
- Wallach, J. Gaye, B. Adejare, A. Organic Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Chapter 6. In: Remington 22nd Edition: The Science and Practice of Pharmacy. (Editor: Allen, LV.) Pharmaceutical Press. London. 2012, pp. 71-101.