Laura Crispin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Chair of Economics Department
- Ph.D., Economics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH (2012)
- M.A., Economics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH (2008)
- B.A., Economics, Northeastern University, Boston, MA (2004)
- Research Assistant, Professor Bruce Weinberg, The Ohio State University, Department of Economics, June 2009-September 2010.
- Research Assistant, Professor Richard Steckel, The Ohio State University, Department of Economics, September 2008-June 2010.
- Research Associate, The Brattle Group, Cambridge, MA, June 2004 –July 2007.
- Crispin, Laura M., and Dimitrios Nikolaou. "Estimating the Effect of Child Caregiving on College Students’ Time Allocation." Accepted, Monthly Labor Review, August 2018.
- Crispin, Laura M. and Dimitrios Nikolaou. 2017. “Work and Play Take School Time Away? The Impact of Extracurricular and Work Time on Educational Time for Live-at-home College Students.” Applied Economics. (https://doi.org/10.1080/00036846.2017.1406656)
- Crispin, Laura M. 2017. “Extracurricular Participation, ‘At-Risk’ Status, and the High School Dropout Decision.” Education Finance and Policy 12(2): 166-196. (doi:10.1162/EDFP_a_00212)
- Morris Research Grant, Spring 2018
- Faculty Merit Teaching Award, Spring 2017
- Summer Research Grant, Summer 2013; Summer 2017
- L. Edwin Smart Departmental Citation for Excellence in Teaching, The Ohio State University, 2011
- Labor Economics
- Economics of Education
- Applied Econometrics
- Time Use Analysis