Tools and Resources for Online Students
We're Here to Support Your Success
Saint Joseph’s University sets you up for success. Supporting our online students is a priority and help is readily available throughout your academic journey. We have a variety of tools and resources that make it easy for you to get technical assistance, chat with a librarian about research, chart your course with an academic advisor and focus your career search.
Here is a list of the tools you’ll use to manage your online learning and connect with your professors and fellow students.
- The Nest: The online portal for your student account, academic resources, course registration, University services and news.
- Canvas: The University’s web-based learning management system to manage your course materials and communications.
- Google Drive: The cloud-based system you can use to store and share files and access them from anywhere.
- DegreeWorks: Our program that tracks your academic progress, the requirements that have been met, and the courses remaining to complete your degree.
- Starfish: A source for University support resources and services, contacting your instructors and booking appointments.
Online Learning Resources
Your success as an online learner is our priority. In addition to the personalized support provided by expert faculty, you have access to all the resources you’ll need.
- Advising Support Centers: Faculty and advisors in each of the University’s three schools provide guidance and resources to help you achieve your academic and professional goals.
- Career Center: A dedicated team to help you explore career options, write a resume, find internships, connect with employers and network with SJU alumni.
- Success Center: A variety of support services related to academic, emotional, social and health issues to ensure every student achieves their full potential.
- Center for Inclusion and Diversity: Support for students of color, LGBTQIA+ students and other underrepresented communities, developing their ability to become agents of social change through advocacy, mentoring, individual advising, and leadership development.
- Counseling and Psychological Services: Promotes the psychological well-being of our students through the provision of a variety of therapeutic interventions and outreach programs.
- Drexel Library: Our librarians are available to answer your questions via email, phone, chat or private Zoom meetings. Librarians can assist with topic brainstorming, developing a research strategy, identifying and using credible sources and more.
- Writing Center: Personal tutoring to improve your writing skills and provide assistance with all your writing needs including class assignments, resumes, presentations and applications for jobs and graduate school.
- Macintosh running Mac OS X
- Personal computer running Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista or XP
- Internet access and a high-speed internet connection
- 9 megabytes or more of space on your hard drive
- Zoom conferencing software
- Word processing software such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, or Works
Some online courses may have additional software requirements. Your professor will provide the necessary details for each course.
Need Tech Help?
Our Information Technology department provides assistance with troubleshooting Zoom, how to use Canvas and an extensive knowledge base with answers to your technology questions. Live chat support is available Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m. EST.