What Sets Our Program Apart
The business administration program at Saint Joseph’s University exposes you to a thorough cross-section of courses in finance, accounting, business intelligence, marketing, food marketing, management, and pharmaceutical and healthcare marketing. In the tradition of Jesuit education and broad learning, you'll also take courses offered in the College of Arts & Sciences and will have an opportunity to focus on the moral and ethical challenges facing businesses today.
The business administration major and minor is unique in that it allows you to obtain a general business degree without specializing. The course of study can be tailored to your interests as you choose two courses from the seven departments in the Haub School of Business. The business capstone course, titled business policy, provides students the experience to work with other business majors and create a strategic plan for a real-life company.
Beyond the classroom, students have access to various organizations on campus to gain experience in business administration. You will have the opportunity to apply the skills you obtained as a member of the American Marketing Association, the Entrepreneurship Society and professional business fraternities such as Delta Sigma Pi and Alpha Kappa Psi.
Saint Joseph's offers a variety of graduate options including master's degrees and stackable certificates to help undergraduates further develop their skills in business after graduation to help guide and advance their careers, including:
- Business Intelligence and Analytics M.S.
- Finance M.S.
- Marketing M.S.
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA), with stackable certificate option such as
- Strategic Human Resources Management M.S.
Saint Joseph’s University offers an accelerated bachelor’s/master’s program that allows current undergraduate students to start earning their MBA or Master of Science in organization development and leadership during their senior year. This model enables you to complete your undergraduate and graduate work in just five years, instead of the traditional six or seven. Combining your bachelor’s with a master’s degree can help you save time and money.
Business administration majors interested in this unique option must apply to the graduate program in their junior year and be provisionally accepted before they complete their bachelor’s degree.
What Can I Do with a Business Administration Degree?
Graduates with a degree in business administration from Saint Joseph's University have been hired by companies such as Goldman Sachs, AmerisourceBergen, Target, Virtua Health and many others. Students with a degree in business administration can pursue roles in a wide variety industries, including:
- Real estate
- Organizational behavior
View required courses for this program in the academic catalog. Please contact us if you have any questions about the program curriculum.
Affordable tuition rates can be found on our tuition and fees website.*
*Pricing does not include room and board, health insurance or any professional, clinical or transportation fees. Visit our tuition & fees page for a detailed breakdown.
There is no application deadline for this program. Here are recommended application submission dates:
February 1 – recommended application submission for Fall semester
August 1 – recommended application submission for Spring semester
Saint Joseph’s accepts students on a year-round basis, so any applications received after these dates will be considered for the next applicable semester. Contact the Office of Admission for information regarding space availability at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-660-1300.
1. To be considered for admission, you must have graduated from an approved secondary school (or be on track to graduate), received a diploma from an accredited home school association or earned a GED.
2. A high school transcript with an official school stamp or an official GED transcript is required. High school transcripts must include courses completed through your junior year as well as courses in progress during your senior year. If you’ve attended any post-secondary institutions, official transcripts for those institutions are required as well.
Transfer credit may be awarded for previous coursework. A course must meet the following requirements to be considered for transfer to Saint Joseph’s University:
- Undergraduate courses with a grade of “C” or above
- Graduate courses with a grade of “B” or above
- Pass/Fail grades are not eligible for transfer credit
- Must be from a regionally or programmatically accredited institution
- The coursework must match the course offered at Saint Joseph's
- Some programs have a time limit for specific courses
- Earned credit may be submitted for review based on a timeline of less than or equal to 5 to 10 years between completion of course and enrollment at SJU
*Visit the transfer page for a detailed breakdown of courses and institutions eligible for transfer.
If you are not a United States citizen, you must show proof of permanent resident visa status. Students educated in another country may be admitted if they:
- Satisfy general admission requirements
- Earn a minimum of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 79 (internet-based) on the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) administered by the Educational Testing Service of Princeton, New Jersey
Students from English-speaking countries may choose to take the SAT or ACT as an option to the TOEFL exam. An evaluation of foreign transcripts by the World Education Service or other approved agency is required.
Saint Joseph’s is a military-friendly institution and offers assistance and services to veterans and their dependents who are utilizing educational benefits. Benefits include:
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
- Chapter 33 Post 911 GI Bill®
- Chapter 35 Survivors and Dependents Assistance
- Chapter 1606 National Guard or Reserves
- Chapter 1607 National Guard or Reserves (REAP) (*if eligible, must be utilized by November 25, 2019)
- Pennsylvania National Guard Educational Assistance Program (EAP)
- Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)